Monday, September 30, 2013

WIP Challenge Day 30: What do you do to celebrate when you finish your WIP?

Usually when I finish a work in progress, I just relax and relish in the good feeling of having a book done. I celebrate when I get a book published.
When I first published with my former publisher I went out for dinner with my family to celebrate. It was my first book with a small publisher that wasn't well known for scamming people (at least at that time), or something I had to pay out to have done and be judged for. It was a wonderful moment.
My new release coming up in just a month will also be a major cause to celebrate. It will not only be my re-release after the debacle with my former publisher, but it will be the first time in years I've had a paperback book published that is not through a publisher looked down on in society.

I have come a long way in the last several years. I have had so many ups and downs been through depression after depression, set back after set back, and I am proud of how far I have come. I know there will still be hurdles to go through in my writing career but I couldn't stop writing for anything. It's a part of who I am and makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment