Thursday, September 12, 2013

WIP Challenge Day 12: Did you ever get writer's block while working on this? If so, how did you overcome it?

I've read some posts from authors over the past that have stated they don't believe there is such a thing as writer's block. They say all you need to do, is sit down and write.
Well, I don't agree with that. Sometimes, once you get a great idea it's hard to get the flow going. It's a little like sex. You could be with the hottest guy you've ever met, and feel a great connection to them, but you will not always be in the mood.

It's like a zone you suddenly and seemingly spiritually enter into. There's no explanation for it. I love it when it happens and when it doesn't it's disgruntling and frustrating as hell. And unfortunately everyone around me reaps the affects because I am usually extremely irritated as well. It's like going without caffeine for a certain amount of time, to anyone who is not a writer.
So, yes I did suffer writer's block at times. Denying you have writer's block is like denying you have depression or anxiety. Everyone has to deal with it at some point if you are remotely human. Which is why it kind of annoys me when I see some authors post there is no such thing. I really have a hard time believing that.
So, what did I do to overcome it? What I have done in the past, and will always do. I step away, go play Candy Crush Saga on Facebook, read, take pictures, go for a walk, play with my cat.
You get the picture right? I just do something else. Because like I have stated in previous posts here, the ideas don't always come when you want them to, but at the oddest times you would never expect.
You gotta love writing huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment