Sunday, September 15, 2013

WIP Challenge Day 15: Did you write to music? If not, did you write while the TV was going?

I used to have my music on from the time I got up until the time I went to bed as I grew up and even in my younger twenties. I listened to mainly pop, rock, and at the very rare time some country. My tastes in music haven't changed much, but my writing style has to a certain degree.
As of lately, it has been harder for me to focus fully on writing when music or a TV is on in the background. I don't know if it's old age or what. It's sad to think about but true, and it has proven itself. Many a time I've had a difficult time trying to focus while my other half has the TV on.

There are the odd times where I will listen to music stored in my computer while I am doing rewrites or edits or having writer's block. Sometimes it is good to hear some tunes when I am blocked.
I really wish I could listen to music and write like I used to. I like to think it's because I have matured in my writing to the point where I need to concentrate more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment