Monday, September 16, 2013

WIP Challenge Day 16: Did you pick special names for your characters or are they just names?

Sometimes when I am basing a character on someone, or a few people in general, I will come up with a name similar to theirs. For instance, when I changed the main character's name in my upcoming release Twisted Revenge, (I originally based her on myself in another storyline) I tried to keep it similar and go with what everyone called her. Her name was Jennifer, but everyone called her Jen. In this new storyline, her name is Jocelyn and everyone calls her Lyn because she hates the name.

But, on the norm most of the time I just think through names until one hits me in a good way. I like to think it's that particular character in my head choosing their own name.

No comments:

Post a Comment