Sunday, August 25, 2013

Where Inspiration Strikes....There's Another Story.

Where do your ideas come from? It's a very common and loaded question authors are constantly asked. Everyone has their own personal muse made up of experiences, people, and places. For some writers, it is a spiritual experience. As you are writing, the ideas just flow into place in a way that words will never describe, which is what happens with me most of the time.
Every major WIP that has been through my hands at one time or another since I have been writing has been a simple idea that has just jumped out at me. The rest of the storyline has just eventually flowed as I started writing it. Characters get developed, I sometimes see different people in my past and present in one character. Then there are other characters that are based on one specific person who inspired me in one way or another.
What got me thinking about this particular subject? That's a funny story. Kind of.
I've been working on rewrites for the third book in my Edge of Springwood series. Been trying to come up with a title but not really concerned with it at this point, with trying to get the story polished off.
So what pops into my head last night while I am in the bath of all places? A title. It always amuses me where some of my best ideas come to me. I could sit before a computer for three days straight and feel like bamming my head into a wall and ideas will not come to me. It gets annoying and amusing at the same time.
I am sure all authors deal with this type of frustration and amusement. So let's share, shall we? I want to make October a fun promotional time for other authors to come share your funny stories about how an idea for one of your published books came to you. There's a funny story behind every book, and I want to know where you were and what you were doing when the idea hit you for one of your favorite books. The stranger and funnier, the better! Share away!
And don't forget, in November I am hosting authors here who want to give your advice on writing as well as promote your book(s) in honor of Nanowrimo. If you're interested, send your post along with links, and cover photos and/or author photos to JenniferBrownAuthor@gmail.com. Giveaways are also welcome and encouraged!

No comments:

Post a Comment